We get many returning visitors to the caravan park over the summer holidays. The park has trees and shady areas to pitch a tent or have a picnic, and with the beach across the road, you can go for a dip any time of the day to cool off.
A good camping trip begins with the right planning and preparation. The more camping you do the better you get at creating a wonderful camping experience for yourself and your loved ones – practise makes perfect!
We’ve compiled a list of items to help make your summer camping holiday a more enjoyable one.
- A waterproof tent
- A tent tarp for protection from sun and rain
- A tent groundsheet to reduce moisture and temperature fluctuations
- A solid mallet with good quality pegs to make the tent easier to set up
- Folding chairs and table – everyone ideally should have their own chair which will make the camping experience better
- Sleeping bags designed for the summer
- Foam ground mats or inflatable mattresses for under the sleeping bag
- Torches and headlamps
- A dustpan to easily sweep up leaves and sand that may end up inside the tent
- A stove
- Pots and pans
- Plates and cups
- Eating utensils
- Colander and mixing bowl
- Coffee/tea maker
- Can opener
- Camping utensils – tongs, knives, spatulas, mixing spoons
- A cooler with ice
- Water bottles
- Garbage bags
- A washing up bowl
- Tin foil and plastic wrap or resealable bags to store food
- Paper towels
- Kitchen towels
- Matches and a lighter
- Dishwash liquid or soap
- Plenty of water
We’d suggest pre-preparing some food as after a day out in the sun, you’ll enjoy coming back to your campsite knowing that some of the meals are ready to go or at least partly prepared.
Here are some of our favourite campaign recipes for the whole family.
- Quick drying clothes
- A rain coat
- Swimmers and towels
- Wide brimmed hats
- Closed shoes for walking and socks
- A pair of thongs for getting around the campsite and to the beach
Related reading: Our favourite things to do in summer with the family in Kingston and Robe
- A wide brimmed hat
- Your own water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitiser
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- First aid kit – make sure there are plenty of band aids and antiseptic cream, plus balms for possible sunburn
Our facilities at the park
The park has a kiosk which stocks basic supplies as well as Kingston tourist information. We also have a camp kitchen, outdoor BBQ’s, dump points and fish cleaning facilities. For the kids, we have a Kangaroo Jumping Pillow!
You can find more information about our facilities here.
Powered and unpowered campaign sites available from only $30 a night
Book your next camping trip at Kingston Foreshore Caravan Park. We’re located on the Esplanade across the road from the beach where you can take sunset strolls. We’re also a short walk from the town centre where you will find cafes, pubs and the well-known Kingston Self-Guided Heritage Trail.
Please book your camping site online here or call us on (08) 8767 2050 for more information. We’re here to help you and your family have a great summer camping experience and will help you find activities and events in the area that you will enjoy.